[sword-devel] The neglected LCSH key in module .conf files

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:40:19 MST 2018

Hi everyone,

The LCSH key in our .conf files is the Library of Congress Subject Heading

It may be helpful for someone with access to the server to perform a suitable grep operation on all our .conf files
to extract the module name and the line[s] with an LCSH key (with the output directed into a single log file).

I have observed a few non-critical issues in my own set of installed modules.

- Modules without a suitable LCSH key
- Modules with more than one LCSH key
- Modules with no language specified in the LCSH key
- An LCSH key with extraneous data that should be in (e.g.) the About key
- Lack of uniformity of punctuation and spacing in LCSH keys

Maintainers of other repositories may wish to do the same kind of analysis.

Best regards,

David