[sword-devel] Using Multiple Front-ends

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Mar 4 19:35:52 MST 2018

JSword tries to discover all local repositories to present their modules to the user. It will install only to one location. By default, it will use ~/.sword on Un*x. I forget where on modern windows, but it is different than Xiphos. And on Mac it will ~/Library/Application Support/Sword.

Just looked at And Bible and it uses Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/Android/data/"+PACKAGE_NAME+"/files/, for modules. So it is over-riding JSword’s mechanism for finding modules and installing them. Don’t know how Bishop was able to find them.

In Him,
	DM