[sword-devel] Xiphos not seeing eBible.org repository?

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:38:55 MST 2018

Kahunapule,

I sent you an email about this about 9 months ago:

The issue might be that all of the modules on ebible.org have a minimum
requirement for sword 1.7.4 in place, regardless of actual module content
vs. sword engine capabilities. (I did not validate ALL, but I have tested
~20 or so modules to import them into Bibletime.)  You can make modules
appear by manually adjusting the minimum sword requirement in the conf
file. That's what I've been doing to get ebible texts into Bibletime 2.10.

It appears that Xiphos and Bibletime are properly testing the module
minimum requirements against the sword engine available to them. If a
module has a need for a higher sword engine, it is being excluded from the
list of available texts. Since no module on ebible has a minimum sword
engine 1.7.3 or lower, none are available to Xiphos or Bibletime that use
that engine.

----Snip---

[engKJV1769eb]
Abbreviation=KJVD
Description=King James Version + Apocrypha
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/engKJV1769eb/
ModDrv=zText

.  .  .

SwordVersionDate=2018-06-06
Version=26.4
History_26.4=Automatically generated on 2018-06-06 from source files
dated 2017-12-21 by eBible.org (http://eBible.org) with funding
through World Outreach Missions*MinimumVersion=1.7.4*
Category=Biblical Texts
LCSH=Bible. English.
Lang=en
InstallSize=4323176
OSISVersion=2.1.1
Copyright=PUBLIC DOMAIN
CopyrightNotes=This work is not copyrighted. It is in the Public
Domain. You may copy and publish this work freely, but you may not
claim copyright on it.