[sword-devel] Module upload: FreLXX

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Jun 7 11:47:20 MST 2018

As stated previous (but I don't expect anyone to remember) that filter
is used to remove accents and breathers from Greek and Coptic
transcriptions done at the INTF.  I expect it to remove things besides
strictly Greek characters.  It is logical to label that a bug in a
perfect world, sure.  But practically, it does what it needs to do.

To chime in on the argument though, there are plenty of Unicode
characters with dual use (not commenting on anything in that filter,
just that there exist many Unicode characters which are designated for
more that one use).  I think it is clever to run a module text through a
filter and see if anything changes, but I am not sure that is the best
way to determine if a filter SHOULD be applied to a module

Troy