[sword-devel] Berean Bible

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Jun 5 03:37:26 MST 2018

On 06/05/2018 05:50 AM, Martin Denham wrote:
> Berean Bible OT is now available and it does seem to be here
> <http://berean.bible/downloads.htm> and here
> <http://biblehub.com/bsb/genesis/1.htm> although I am not sure if
> everything you require is there yet.

Yes, they announced partial OT support this past weekend. I have
produced full OT+NT regular and interlinear modules but the necessary
tables to provide paragraph breaks, headings, and footnote placement
weren't provided for OT yet -- later this year, they say. So what I have
so far is Feature=NoParagraphs (VPL) of very basic regular and
interlinear texts, BSBdraft and BIBdraft. I've got more ideas about
better markup, notably that Strong's numbers can interfere with lemma
display (a Xiphos-specific concern), so I'm still in-progress on these.

An unexpected hassle: OT interlinear display suffers from the fact that
Hebrew is more compact than English, with the result that the English
content is space-constrained by the Hebrew, leading to illegible English
overlap. Still working out whether there's anything I can do about that.
At the moment, the content is marked up as original language as main
plus English as lemmatized interlinear, but I might simply turn that
around, which would make the problem go away.