[sword-devel] date tag in header work section - failing validation ? reason

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 2 10:13:53 MST 2018

According to the OSIS handbook <date> is a valid tag within a work
section within the header of an OSIS file. And yet validating an OSIS
file with a date element will fail. Is there something wrong with our
scheme? If I comment the date tag out the file validates...

<osis xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http
://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace" xmlns:osis="http://ww
w.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/
  <osisText canonical="true" xml:lang="de" osisIDWork="GerLeoNA28"
osisRefWork="Bible">
    <header>
      <work osisWork="GerLeoNA28">

        <title>Leonberger Bibel (NA28)</title>
        <description>Eine neue, urtextnahe Übersetzung des Neuen
Testaments ins Deutsche</description>
        <publisher>verlag causa mundi</publisher>
        <date role="edition">2018-05-17</date>
        <type type="OSIS">Bible</type>
        <identifier type="OSIS">GerLeo.NA28</identifier>
        <rights type="x-copyright">Copyright © 2018 verlag causa
mundi</rights>
        <scope>NT</scope>

      </work>
[..]

osis/gerleona28.osis.xml:9: element date: Schemas validity error :
Element '{http://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}date':
This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( {http://www.bibletec
hnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}publisher, {http://www.bibletechnolog
ies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}type, {http://www.bibletechnologies.net/200
3/OSIS/namespace}format, {http://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/na
mespace}identifier, {http://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespa
ce}source, {http://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}langua
ge, {http://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}relation, {ht
tp://www.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}coverage, {http://ww
w.bibletechnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}rights, {http://www.biblete
chnologies.net/2003/OSIS/namespace}scope ).

This is clearly not crucial in terms of module content, but as I am
aiming at keeping things related to upload mostly automatic, if a test
fails it is annoying as I need to intervene by hand and delete a to my
mind perfectly acceptable tag....

Petre