[sword-devel] Bishop 1.1.5

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Jul 4 00:34:48 MST 2018

Thanks Greg,

On July 4, 2018 6:22:18 AM GMT+02:00, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
>Just installed this on my Android Phone (Galaxy 7 Active). Initial
>brush
>was that it's reasonable and functional.

Thanks, yes. It needs polishing and better hand holding for the user to get things setup for them, but "reasonable and functional" is what I've aimed for with the initial release.

It's nothing fancy but does make the Gospel available with all of our modules and our partners' modules on both Android and iPhone. I could probably also compile the app for Windows mobile, but I'm not sure there is much of a market for the effort.

>I noted while installing the default module set that briefly the
>progress
>bar displayed "NaN%" for its completion on one of the modules. You
>might
>want to do some basic type and value checking on the math values before
>calculations.

Yes, I'm sure that's a 0/0 error at the start. I've seen that too. Will try to remember to fix that.

>When I poke the "About" screen I'm told that this is being executed on
>version 1.8.900 of the SWORD engine. I'm pretty sure I missed the email
>from the release manager for the last 890+ versions! 😂

This is not obvious, but it is actually intentional 😀  900 is SVN trunk development and 901 will be RC1 for our next feature release (1.8.901 = 1.9RC1) when we get into the RC phase.

>So far, a very brief perusal of the app seems happy. Thanks for putting
>in
>the effort to get this together!

Sure, well, it's certainly a team effort. Thanks for your part!

Troy