[sword-devel] LXX v11n issues

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jan 6 09:16:23 MST 2018

Hi Cyrille,

Just a few comments which I hope will clear up a few things.

The sword-tools SVN repo needs to be checked out to your computer before you can run the convert.sh for CCAT. The repo contains the .jar file you asked about. You cannot just download the individual convert.sh script.

SWORD versifications are often a superset for multiple Bibles. The SWORD engine provides a facility for frontends to easily skip empty entries. Thus, when you discover that a chapter here or a chapter there has too many verses, it is probably that way to support another Bible which has more verses for that chapter.

LXX v11n has been researched extensively by Chris and others. There are many issues regarding the LXX which are not easily resolved, e.g., Rahlfs providing two textual traditions of the same book in parallel with different versifications. I h research for LXX in general can be found here:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword-tools/trunk/versification/lxx_v11ns/

Hope this helps a bit.

Troy