[sword-devel] Versifications

L'Africain lafricain79 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 08:48:28 MST 2018

Le 04/01/2018 à 12:17, Peter Von Kaehne a écrit :
>> Von: Cyrille <lafricain79 at gmail.com>
>  I would like to react to this message, I hope that I will not hurt
>> anyone, if my remarks are too direct, be indulgent knowing that English
>> is not my native language.
> No worries whatsoever, Cyrille, English is also not my first language either. Many of us are using it solely as a second language and as one of convenience. In former centuries this mailing list would have been conducted in Latin....
Ja :) Ich bin geboren auf dem Grenze von Deutschland, in Lothringen :)

>> First I would like to say that sometimes we get no response to our
>> messages, or that the discussion does not give away.
> This is very frustrating but also in the nature of the project - many of us are quite technical in their mindset and only respond if they have something actually to contribute. The subject under discussion in particular is one where few or none of us have much clue. Which was one of the points of my post.
Yes I understand well.

>> I also do this remark because the information you give Peter, with this
>> message, should have come a little earlier, but as we say in French
>> "better later than never":) Now I am informed.
> Fair point - but as I said in my email - I had not taken on this responsibility and no one else had on either, we need either another person with the combination of skills of Chris to take this matter forward - or, more likely, we need a process by which we can as a group confirm that a new versification is needed and the proposed one is the right solution.

Ok. I'll wait your propositions...
>> Now about the Catholic and Catholic2 v11n [..]
> Your proposal certainly shows that you are on a good track.
OK, will wait your validation.

>> If you give me access to the current sources of Catholic versification,
>> I can update it to the new versification.
> The current sources are in our subversion repository publicly available.
No I was speaking about the "sources" of modules, than means  by
instance osis, usfm files.

> The point I was making is - there is a serious gap in our current setup and we have no decent way of moving forward. I would want us to move forward as would everyone else. I am really hoping for some proposals to solve the impasse.

If you are speaking about subversion, really I have no idea because I
don't know how to use it. About git I give already my point of view.
Thank you for time you spent to give answer so quickly!

Cyrille