[sword-devel] CMake tests

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 01:02:28 MST 2018

Greetings Sword devs,

I've put a little elbow grease into the CMake build scripts to bring the
"make tests" option there up to snuff. The current heads of both trunk and
sword-1-8-x should be able to run the tests/testsuite/runall.sh option with
a CMake build now. This is all nicely packaged with "make tests" during
execution.

It should be noted that there are some optional Sword deps which are
required by the testsuite. The most notable one is the Zip library. There
might be others. This is an inherent behavior of the testsuite itself and
is not tested for prior to enabling tests. After all, the purpose of the
test suite is to catch issues and not to silently disappear when issues
would be caught.

Please let me know if there are any problems you find. I'd like to wrap a
Sword 1.8.1 release this week to pick up the bindings work which have
prevented packaging in Fedora and these test improvements.

--Greg