[sword-devel] Error reading ulCompOffset

Andrew T. thulester at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 11:54:47 MST 2018

Yes, I'm missing content for sure, but I've been able to parse incomplete
osis before which was missing content (it's never seemed to mind before).
(I've also been able to parse osis where the verses|chapters|books are out
of order - which is not true in this case).

I saw this thread which also seem to produce the error:
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2010-October/034968.html

I've looked through the source code to see if I can figure out what
conditions call the error.  zverse.cpp has something:
https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/modules/common/zverse.cpp
https://crosswire.org/~ghellings/svnclassdocs/classzVerse.html

zverse indicates it's purpose is to:

zVerse::zreadtext	- gets text at a given offset

so, its not clear (to me) what the error is saying exactly.  I will try to
confirm the OSIS/XML has not mismatched tags, but lack ideas beyond that ...
Thanks for considering the question.

~A