[sword-devel] UnlockInfo .conf entry

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Dec 29 15:02:02 MST 2018

Dear Frontend Developers,

In an effort to gain more publishers-- even those who desire to lock and
sell some of their modules, I would like to add a new .conf entry:

UnlockInfo

Up until now, we've relied on the About entry containing something that
lets the user know how to obtain unlock codes from publishers selling
codes to unlock their modules.  This entry would isolate just those
instructions to a specific entry and would allow a frontend to do
something like:

If (moduleToInstall.getConfEntry("UnlockInfo")) {

  showDialog("<p>The publisher of this modules requires for you to
obtain an unlock code.  This code can be entered below, instructions
from the publisher are as follows:</p>" +
moduleToInstall.getConfEntry("UnlockInfo"));

}

Like many of our entries, this new UnlockInfo entry will allow HTML
links and will likely contain a direct link from the publisher to their
store entry to purchase an unlock code.

An example would be something like:

UnlockInfo=An unlock code for the Larry Fitzgerald NFL HOF Edition of
the New Testament, with memorable career moments encouraging the
believer to press on when those around fall short, may be obtained
directly from the NFL store here: <a target="_blank"
href="https://nfl.com/shop/lf-nfl-hof-nt-sword-module">Larry Fitzgerald
NFL HOF Edition of the New Testament - SWORD Module</a>

Let me know if you have any comments or ideas,

Troy