[sword-devel] swordweb compile error, warnings

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Apr 19 13:46:00 MST 2018

I am trying to install swordweb on a church website I am responsible
for.

I run foul of the last steps, compiling the java within the swordweb
webapp. Can you give me a hint if this is my problem or something wrong
with the source?

Thanks!

Peter

peter at myserver:~/Source/swordweb/src$ make
javac -classpath /usr/share/tomcat7/jsp-
api.jar:/usr/share/tomcat7/lib/servlet-api.jar:../webapp/WEB-
INF/classes:../webapp/WEB-INF/lib/greekconverter.jar:../webapp/WEB-
INF/lib/crosswire.jar -d ../webapp/WEB-INF/classes -sourcepath .
./org/crosswire/swordweb/*.java
./org/crosswire/swordweb/PerseusUtils.java:8: warning: DTMNodeList is
internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
import com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.dtm.ref.DTMNodeList;
                                              ^
./org/crosswire/swordweb/HorizontallyParallelTextRendering.java:9:
error: error while writing HorizontallyParallelTextRendering: could not
create parent directories
public class HorizontallyParallelTextRendering implements
ModuleTextRendering {
       ^
./org/crosswire/swordweb/PerseusUtils.java:40: warning: DTMNodeList is
internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
                DTMNodeList nodes =
(DTMNodeList)xpath.evaluate(expression, inputSource,
XPathConstants.NODESET);
                ^
./org/crosswire/swordweb/PerseusUtils.java:40: warning: DTMNodeList is
internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
                DTMNodeList nodes =
(DTMNodeList)xpath.evaluate(expression, inputSource,
XPathConstants.NODESET);
                                     ^
Note: ./org/crosswire/swordweb/PerseusUtils.java uses or overrides a
deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
1 error
3 warnings
Makefile:7: recipe for target '../webapp/WEB-
INF/classes/org/crosswire/swordweb/PerseusUtils.class' failed
make: *** [../webapp/WEB-
INF/classes/org/crosswire/swordweb/PerseusUtils.class] Error 1