[sword-devel] Kurdish Sorani Bible module - who is responsible?

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:08:16 MST 2018

Hi Tuomas,

Peter and I built the NT module. This is already something noted in my tasks list.
We are already aware that the complete Bible is now published by Biblica and that printed Bibles are being distributed in Kurdistan.
Even so, thank you for the helpful reminder.

Thank you for pointing out the omission in our .conf file. In 2012, this may have been intentional, given the sensitivity of the region back then.

It will require further collaboration with our established contact to obtain the latest source text for this translation and (if necessary) to re-obtain permission for this to be distributed by CrossWire. In fact, I did write to him exactly 12 months ago on this subject. He replied immediately, but I guess that he has since been too engaged with other matters to take it forward yet.

All of us in CrossWire are unpaid volunteers who have to fit these tasks into our busy schedules and prioritise them relative to other demands upon our time.

Best regards,

David