[sword-devel] SWORD 1.8.0RC5 Final RC

Cyrille lafricain79 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 05:29:19 MST 2017

Le 29/11/2017 à 10:15, Manfred Bergmann a écrit :

>> Am 27.11.2017 um 14:02 schrieb Cyrille <lafricain79 at gmail.com>:
>>

> Why is it not a good choice? Just because it’s not open-source?
It's difficult for me to argument in English... But I didn't said
*github is not a good choice* but: "is it the good choice?". In the
sense than an other can be better. For me gitlab is a *best choice*. I
just found this article
<https://medium.com/flow-ci/github-vs-bitbucket-vs-gitlab-vs-coding-7cf2b43888a1>
about the question in English. But in French I read this very good
article
<https://framablog.org/2016/01/28/github-et-les-libristes-un-danger-et-un-defi/>.
The problem is the same as all the private enterprise, and respect for
private life. In this sense for me, open-source is important yes. We
work all here for sword, an open-source software, it belongs to our
convictions it seems to me. So between an open-source possibility and
another proprietary, I do not hesitate. But also github is subject to
the United States laws, so potential developers of countries considered
to be in the axis of evil or terrorist state would not have the right to
work there.
I do not support the Patriot Act :)
At the end I'm French, I love freedom :-D

Best regards, Br Cyrille