[sword-devel] SWORD 1.8.0RC5 Final RC

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Nov 26 15:36:11 MST 2017

Hi David. Thank you for your comment regarding the Greek accent filter. I did see it. No improvement has been made for the 1.8.0 release. While your suggested improvement is a feasible idea, in practice, this filter should only be included on a very limited set of current Greek text modules which actually have accents. I cannot think of a scenario where this is placed on any module which currently has both Greek and non-Greek characters which wish to retain their umlauts when stripping Greek umlauts.  While this filter may not purely and exactly strip only Greek accents in all possible scenarios it serves a need of work we do at the INTF (you will be disappointed to find that it strips Coptic Sahidic superliner strokes and a few other things). Please keep an eye out and if you find a current scenario which fails in practice, let us know and we will try to add more context logic to the filter while trying to keep the optimization degradation, on what is practically used as a strip filter, to a minimum.

Thanks again for your comment,

Troy