[sword-devel] GlobalOptionFilter=UTF8GreekAccents and non-Greek modules

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 24 04:03:37 MST 2017

Back in March, there was a long thread here on the GreekAccents filter.

I understand from Peter that SWORD SVN includes an updated filter.
Even so, we've seen that it still removes (e.g.) the MACRON from Latin (or
Cyrillic) text.

Look, the name of the filter is UTF8GreekAccents.

It should only do what it says on the "can label".

Either base it on my mapping table in GitHub, or do a proper algorithmic
job.
Heuristics are not required. The task is deterministic.
Simply restrict the removal of the common diacritics to those attached to
letters of the Greek Alphabet.
By 'common' here, I mean diacritics that are multilingual in scope and
application.

Best regards,

David

David Haslam wrote