[sword-devel] SWORD 1.8.0RC4

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 20 10:49:23 MST 2017

I have just suggested that Cyrille's Catholic_lit2 be renamed as
Catholic2_lit.

This change will make it clearer the relation between the Liturgical variant
versifications and the original ones.

Is the proper procedure to email them to sword-devel or to modules [@]
crosswire.org ?

Peter,  I don't understand how a front-end can be agnostic of v11ns.

Surely if the SWORD API is released with new av11ns, each of the related
front-ends need to be recompiled afterwards and the apps updated in their
respective release channels.

Otherwise what happens when a user tries to install a module that was built
to one of the new av11ns?

Likewise after SWORD is updated in this way, the SWORD utilities for Linux
and Windows should be recompiled, after updating tools such as osis2mod to
give details of the new v11ns in the syntax help.

Otherwise, the new v11ns cannot even be used to build a module.

David

--
Sent from: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/