[sword-devel] Soft hyphens

Cyrille lafricain79 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 05:35:53 MST 2017

Le 02/11/2017 à 13:25, David Haslam a écrit :
> It is a much simpler task to remove ALL soft hyphens rather than removing
> only the delinquent ones!
My proposition is to remove it in the osis file maybe during the
conversion from usfm to osis, with o2u.py. Maybe Ryan would accept to
add this in the script, I can report a bug. Why am I not so enthusiasm
to remove directly in the usfm files? Because I need the files for
publication, and for publication it is very useful to have the soft hyphens.
> - multiple soft hyphens at the same position in a word
> - useless soft hyphens (before or after a space or punctuation mark)
>
> Delinquent ones were quite a common occurrence in the Lingala source text.
> Harmless for a printed Bible, but a potential nuisance in a digital edition.
>
> We're getting there slowly.
Yes..