[sword-devel] Verse ranges and linkage information

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon May 22 08:03:45 MST 2017

On Mon, 2017-05-22 at 07:10 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> There is also a method which was added, I think by Ben Morgan a
> while
> back: SWModule::isLinked, though I'm not sure why it was needed and
> I've
> never had a need in any frontend I've written to use it.

The reason I could see it being useful is to create proper verse range
numbers in the output. Our frontends fail on that.

We have :

(1) Bla bla (2) bla bla bla bla (4) bla bla

when it should be

(1) Bla bla (2-3) bla bla bla bla (4) bla bla

This leaves the impression a verse has been cut out, censored or
whatnot and is an issue for some target groups.

Peter