[sword-devel] Notes with an annotation reference?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon May 22 04:11:04 MST 2017

Please refer to
https://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles#Notes_with_an_annotation_reference

Am I correct in understanding that an *annotation reference* should be
provided /only/ for notes that are *not* type="crossReference" ?

Front-ends such as *PocketSword* ignore the annotation reference in
cross-references notes, because the start of the note in the note panel
displays the [first] cross-reference as a link not the annotation reference
as a link.

If I am right in this observation, then *xreffix.pl* should be more
selective in where it adds an annotation reference.

Surely having these also in cross-reference notes makes them unnecessarily
complicated and serves no useful practical purpose?

Best regards,

David