[sword-devel] Fuzzy search and definitions?

Donna Whisnant dewhisna at dewtronics.com
Tue May 2 13:05:00 MST 2017

For my King James Pure Bible Search (KJPBS) software (
http://www.purebiblesearch.com/ <http://www.purebiblesearch.com/>  ), I use
the  SoundEx algorithm <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundex>   for fuzzy
search.  Though, in my software, it doesn't really have do "searching", per
se, as it already knows every word in the text in all of its forms and so
the "search" is really nothing more than a word filter that filters what's
in the drop list.  So it's doing "real time live searching" of the text as
you type.

If you enable SoundEx in the configuration options of KJPBS and you enter
"btr", for example, you'll see things like "better", "butter", "bitter",
"betray", etc, in the drop list.

Though I also accept wildcards too, like "*" and "?", even without SoundEx
enable.

Regards,
Donna