[sword-devel] Observations on the SahidicBible module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon May 1 08:01:42 MST 2017

The text is in constant development and each biblical book is in a
different state of completeness and quality.  An export of the work in
its most current state can always be obtained with:

http://coptot.manuscriptroom.com/community/vmr/api/transcript/export/?docID=1620025&biblicalContent=Gen-Rev

OSIS is our preferred type.  It may not have any tags yet, but it might
and probably will.  The editor at the list I sent in my previous email
produces TEI markup within each verse (which OSIS is heavily based
upon).  The hope is that any markup that might added would be valid
OSIS.  We reserve TEI for our lex/dict modules because there are some
very specific tags in TEI focused on lexica and dictionaries which OSIS
doesn't support-- we don't want to produce a Bible using TEI, unless
there was a very compelling reason.  "SahidicBible" was used as the
module name in SWORDWeb so it would be easy for them to lookup when they
choose their base text for transcribing Coptic.  I'm not sure how the
module got in the main repository for download.  I don't believe I put
it there, unless maybe for a test with one of our frontends.  If you
want to release it there, we certainly should follow our naming conventions.

Troy