[sword-devel] diatheke search type default ?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:58:13 MST 2017

The omission of the "-s" attribute does not lead to search behavior but
instead to Diatheke trying to open the book/chapter/verse specified by the
-k argument. So, it seems safe to say, there is no real concept of a
"default" search type.

It would make sense to say there is a default if there was a way to search
without specifying that argument, but such does not appear to be the case.
For that behavior we would have to reengineer diatheke to have sub commands
in the same way that git, svn, apt-get, yum/dnf, etc have. But it does not
currently have that.

So the issue is not that the search is wrong, but the concept of "default"
search doesn't even exist for the diatheke command.

--Greg