[sword-devel] Lucene Complaint

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:40:58 MST 2017

There is another port - lucene++ - that I've read is the reason CLucene was
abandoned. It targets compatibility with Lucene 3 vs CLucene's targeting of
Lucene 2. It's on github, and its last commit was ~9 months ago. At least
it's better than 2013!

There's also Apache Lucy, which is a "loose C" port of Lucene that is
specifically targeting languages that require bindings. It's active and up
to date, based on its current git activity.

I have no idea if any of them are more feature-complete than CLucene.

If Xapian support really is present in HEAD and is decent and stable, then
my complaint would be moot - if we could get a 1.8 release moving. If those
things fail, my complaint remains lodged.

--Greg