[sword-devel] PocketSword can speak!

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 10 04:43:46 MST 2017

After all these years of owning an iPad Mini & iPhone 5, I just found out
that iOS devices do have TTS capability.

So I just updated this section of our wiki page.

https://crosswire.org/wiki/Choosing_a_SWORD_program#Other

Quite a number of languages are supported when you select Voice.
I've just installed the English (UK) voice called Daniel (Enhanced) 188 MB,
but the default voice was quite acceptable.

Of course, being quite general, you can't make it exclude the verse numbers
in the selected passage.

Best regards,

David