[sword-devel] ESV modules and Tyndale House

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 02:17:28 MST 2017

Hi Fred,

If you have STEP Bible installed, it's very likely that it came with that.
STEP uses the same Sword path as other front-ends, so Xiphos would also find
it there.

There were five or six modules from TH containing the hyphen, and they will
soon be renamed.

If you'd had xiphos (aka MK 31.4) also installed as I do, then xiphos would
have "difficulties" with the hyphen in the invalid module name. (It's a show
stopper!).

Provisonally therefore, I renamed all the installed modules in my PC that
had an invalid module name containing (either) a hyphen (or a space - not
from TH this one), and changed the DataPath and corresponding folder name
accordingly. Now xulsword opens without error popups!

The likely new name for their ESV module is ESV_2011_TH - though I'm waiting
confirmation of this.
Other modules will be renamed too.

One further thing to watch for is that any module whose Abbreviation matches
the module Name or Abbreviation of another module can lead to unexpected
effects in some front-ends. We already state this in our wiki page abount
.conf files. And yes - I have seen strange things happen!

Best regards,

David