[sword-devel] Announcing release 1.8.0

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 10:20:16 MST 2017

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Cyrille <lafricain79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 28/12/2017 à 17:20, Greg Hellings a écrit :
>

> On Dec 28, 2017 07:59, "Cyrille" <lafricain79 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Le 27/12/2017 à 17:15, David Haslam a écrit :
>
> May I suggest that these be included in release *1.8.1* which Greg more
> than hinted at in the release announcement.
>

> I was hoping these v11n could be in the next debian and so in the next
> Ubuntu LTS (18.04). Is it so difficult to add it yet?
>

> I do not control what gets committed to Subversion. Troy will need to be
> your contact for getting the versification schemes in. I'm only in charge
> of releasing what is in there.
>
> And I have no control over distro packaging for Ubuntu or Debian. You will
> need to contact a contributor for those distributions.
>
> The distro can update just what you propose (in this example the 1.8
> release)... If the v11n are not in the 1.8, the distro can't update it with
> it, it will not with the new v11n. I'm not sure to be understandable ?

No, you're being clear. But you'll need to go back to the thread where you
submitted your versifications to see why they have not been added to the
code base yet. That is not a decision I can make - it needs to be made by
someone with the permissions to maintain that portion of the code. I don't
keep track of what is in the versification schemes, nor do I have the
ability to manage what is there. That's a specialized skill and knowledge
that others maintain.

Until it gets approved by someone with that responsibility and added to
Subversion, it won't be part of any release. I am authorized to release the
code that is present, not to change or update what code is in the engine.

--Greg