[sword-devel] Poedit - for editing PO files for localizing [front-end] apps

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Tue Dec 19 13:36:56 MST 2017

On 2017-12-19, 17:06 GMT, David Haslam wrote:
> Last month I came across and installed the free version of
> Poedit from https://poedit.net/

.po files are text files in the end, so if you have some $EDITOR
you like, if it has at least some extensibility it has probably
support for ediitng po file. Emacs has
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Gettext two modes, the latter
has some nice functions to support jumping around the file and
simplifies copying texts between different nodes. vim has
https://github.com/vim-scripts/po.vim--Jelenak, which has nide
key shortcuts as well. I am certain that SubEdit, VSCode, and
Atom will have some support for po files as well.

What I wanted to say that poedit.net is not that super deal as
it tries to look like. Of course, if anybody likes it, go for
it!

Best,

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for
support, rather than illumination.
      -- Andrew Lang