[sword-devel] Module upload: Shona

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 22 02:16:50 MST 2017

Yesterday, I downloaded the *shona* repo.
I then used a TextPipe filter to concatenate all the data files.
(This could be improved further to get the books in canonical order.)

The SFM tag statistics are:

Count	SFM tag
-----	--------
04947	\add
04947	\add*
01189	\c
00066	\h
00066	\id
00065	\mt
00001	\mt1
00031	\mt2
00009	\nb
06445	\p
00066	\rem
01774	\s
00038	\toc2
31102	\v
14105	\x
14105	\x*

Observe that using the latest source text will require processing 14105
cross-references.

Shona book abbreviations are used for these, but these are not defined by
any \toc3 tags, so the task will require correlating such abbreviations to
book names.

i.e. A Shona locale file will be required, if you make use of the *fixxrefs*
script and Sword bindings.

NB. The absence of 66 \toc1 tags and 28 \toc2 tags is a non-conformance to
ParaTExt, pehaps one of several.

Best regards,

David