[sword-devel] Module upload: Shona

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Aug 20 15:57:18 MST 2017

On Sun, 2017-08-20 at 13:24 -0700, David Haslam wrote:
> We keep seeing this problem every time a module is made from USFM
> source.

That is true. But I will not fix things like this by hand anymore. The
whole point of my setup is that I can now issue and reissue a text fast
when the tools are improved. Every time.

I think I made the Shona text with our oldest tool - usfm2osis.pl as it
failed entirely in usfm2osis.py. I looked and found nothing obvious
wrong with the text, but I am sure there is somewhere some oddity. Teus
is a bit haphazard with his USFM. If you care a lot about this text
maybe the best thing is to look at the USFM - find its flaws, get Teus
to reissue a better text and maybe we can use usfm2osis.py which has
less of these whitespace flaws.

Yours

Peter