[sword-devel] About database sql

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:40:48 MST 2017

Yes, that's an interesting question.. This isn't about just the Julian
calendar, The liturgical calendar is based on the first Sunday after the
first full moon after the spring equinox (also known as Easter.) This
calendar is used to some degree by almost all modern daily reading plans,
not just Catholic (it has "holidays" Easter/Christmas, etc. At a minimum
any digital reading plan should be able to detect it's Easter.)

There should be a way to encode these into a daily reading so front ends
deal with the date.  There are only about 21 or so possibilities, but there
are that many. (The 3rd set of 7 depends on whether or not the calendar
recognizes the 50th year jubiliee, if I remember right)

There are really only 2 anchors: days before christmas but aware of the
weekday (last sunday before Christmas...) and days after christmas
(anchored on the Julian calendar.). and Separately some days count days
before easter and days after easter (which are always in sync with the
weekday, but vary on the day of the year.), Full version for catholic has
other feast days that really go with days before Christmas (julian Calendar
anchored.) if the calendar recognizes the Jubilee it's just a bit different
on that year (I don't remember how, just that there was a component to the
math.)