[sword-devel] Lucene search index and Coptic ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:22:44 MST 2017

No - I've not tried any command line utilities related to Lucene search.

Were you thinking of *diatheke*?

If it is a font issue, it's not as if I hadn't already installed the
recommended *Antinoou* font for the SahidicBible module and selected this
font in Xiphos.

http://www.evertype.com/fonts/coptic/

On the other hand, the font used in Xiphos for general UI dialogs doesn't
support the Coptic block 2C80..2CFF.

And I haven't found any user accessible means to change that in Xiphos to
one with wider coverage, such as Code2000 or Unifont.

NB. My activity in this context were prompted by

(1) the recent beta version 1.4.8 (19) of PocketSword becoming available to
test
(2) the old post by Troy about wanting use PocketSword to view the
SahidicBible module.

The latter was posted not long after PocketSword first hit the problems
triggered by iOS updates that made it impossible to install the search
index. Troy asked about search.

Now that PocketSword is "on the mend" thanks to Nic and his helpers, it
seemed a sensible thing to look at old posts to sword-devel relating to this
PocketSword issue.

NB. PocketSword uses Lucene search for every search.
There are no user options to use a different search method, unlike in other
front-ends such as Xiphos.

The switch to compare with Xiphos was because the search results in
PocketSword for this module were so unexpected.

Best regards,

David