[sword-devel] Announcing Sword++

Kahunapule Michael Johnson Kahunapule at eBible.org
Tue Sep 27 12:08:35 MST 2016

On 09/27/2016 03:08 AM, Fiona von Kaehne wrote:
> We try and negotiate as wide permissions as possible. All modules have licensing info in their conf file. That information should be sufficient for your purposes, no?
>
> In essence all those which are PD or similarly freely licensed are fine, those which are restricted carry appropriate info. The terms vary, but are usually explicit, short and standardised as per our wiki.

For what it is worth, all Bibles currently on eBible.org/sword/ are OK to use with both Sword and Sword++ and any front ends compatible with either. It is wise to check every conf file, though, regardless of repository source, to see where there might be a problem with permission only for distribution via Sword but not derivative software. Troy's suggestion may be a good one to solve that issue and let both libraries exist in peaceful coexistence.

Sometimes a little healthy competition among friends can be a good thing.

Aloha,
Michael Johnson
PO BOX 881143 • PUKALANI HI 96788-1143 • USA
mljohnson.org <http://mljohnson.org>