[sword-devel] Announcing Sword++

Fiona von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Sep 27 06:08:51 MST 2016

On 27 Sep 2016 12:52 pm, Matěj Cepl <mcepl at cepl.eu> wrote:

> Of course, this is yet another example of the complete mess
> about the Biblical modules. Is there somewhere a list of all
> modules with their appropriate licenses under they are
> distributed, or are all of them (except for the three
> I maintain) proprietary? Which modules are explicitly permitted
> to be used only with the code you control?

We try and negotiate as wide permissions as possible. All modules have licensing info in their conf file. That information should be sufficient for your purposes, no?

In essence all those which are PD or similarly freely licensed are fine, those which are restricted carry appropriate info. The terms vary, but are usually explicit, short and standardised as per our wiki.

That said, some publishers do not care and some care a lot, even when the terms are similar. I.e. some give us grief when they see use by non CW projects., Others do not mind.

Peter