[sword-devel] Apple Plans To Boot Orphaned Apps From its App Store

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 01:43:54 MST 2016

For the record, while we're waiting, here's what he sent:

Hi,
     I’m trying to reach David Haslam. I’m interested in helping out
programming for the PocketSword iPhone app. and have actually written in the
past to Nic so I know from his reply that he’s quite busy. I’m also very
concerned about the development of PocketSword. Months ago due to changes in
the iOS code or ?? the app stopped being able to download searching modules.
I posted the bug on the tracker. I eventually wrote a fixed version months
ago and emailed Nic about it. This is the version I use now. The version
that I edited though was before a contributor named Mannfred worked on the
code. So, I don’t think that my version can be used due to it being pre-ARC
support and pre-64 bit compliance and etc. I have however been looking at
his newer version. I am slowly working my way through it. I can’t compile
the code and it seems that more updates are required to the code, but I
don’t feel comfortable going into details as I’m not sure exactly where this
email is going. I’ve never used a newsgroup before and so I don’t want to
violate any rules or etc. without knowing it.

-Tim