[sword-devel] Apple Plans To Boot Orphaned Apps From its App Store

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 3 01:21:04 MST 2016

Are we at risk of losing PocketSword because of the lack of development
activity?

cf. The call for programmer volunteers seems to have gone unheeded.

*Apple Plans To Boot Orphaned Apps From its App Store*

See http://fortune.com/2016/09/02/apple-app-store-3/

And it all starts on Sept. 7.

Apple plans a review of its App Store that could end up with a number of
apps being booted for violating the marketplace’s rules.

Apple said this week that it would be on the lookout for apps that don’t
work as they had initially intended or fail to follow its review guidelines.
The review is to begin Sept. 7.

“To make it easier for customers to find great apps that fit their needs, we
want to ensure that apps available on the App Store are functional and
up-to-date,” Apple wrote on a support page for app developers. “We are
implementing an ongoing process of evaluating apps, removing apps that no
longer function as intended, don’t follow current review guidelines, or are
outdated.”

------

As a PocketSword user this really worries me.
NB. I've already sent the link to Nic & Mannfred.

Best regards,

David