[sword-devel] Release Wrapup

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 23 01:57:53 MST 2016

Hi David,

Thanks for the wiki page.  No, we're not about to release 2.0. The
purpose of 2.0 has been a more intuitive API, including regular
camelCase naming of API methods.  We've been slowly working toward this
for a number of years, attempting to not breaking API compatibility with
older frontends by leaving the old names around but adding a deprecated
flag to them to produce warnings.  When we do finally release 2.0, all
deprecated methods will be removed and we will break API compatibility.
Each .x release, we normalize a few more methods, deprecating the old
names.  I only mentioned it because frontend developers might get new
warnings in their code if they are using any of soon to be newly
deprecated methods.

Thanks for asking,

Troy