[sword-devel] How do you make the Sword framework work in 64bit mode? (My compiler is giving me hundreds of warnings.)

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 00:30:11 MST 2016

Von: TS <outofthecube at icloud.com>

> From all the online research I’ve been doing trying to figure the problems out, it’s sorta leading me to the question "Has the > SWORD framework been updated to be 64 bit compatible?” I’ve searched the Sword project wiki and searched what I can of the     > mailing list, but I can’t find any definitive answer.

> Also, in case it’s not known, Windows in comparison to Mac/Unix/Linux uses a different 64 bit convention. Mac (including       > iPhone) uses LP64. So, long or long int, for example, is a 64-bit quantity, but for Windows it remains a 32-bit quantity even > when run in the 64-bit runtime. So, is it possible that the SWORD framework does not have the same warnings that I get when    > compiled on a computer running the Windows OS?

Libsword is developed on Linux, not on Windows. It is 64 bit since quite some time (i.e. years). I am compiling on Debian testing in 64 bit mode with no warnings, using the standard flags. I think I have confirmed that all files my compilation produces are 64 bit by running "file *.o" over all compilates. The output is

<..>                 ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

Peter