[sword-devel] Are the code libraries which come with the SWORD library such as clucene, zlib, etc. the same as from the source or are they modified?

Manfred Bergmann manfred.bergmann at me.com
Thu Nov 24 00:13:11 MST 2016

Hi TS.

> Am 24.11.2016 um 03:25 schrieb TS <outofthecube at icloud.com>:
>
> There's also the Clucene library. It's riddled right now with 64 bit warnings. Besides it being bad practice based on my understanding to leave it that way or use it that way for a long period of time, there's also a significant difference between iOS apps and most other software. That is, that the apps can only go through Apple's App Store and must conform to Apple's requirements else risk being denied. Apple's already made it clear that apps should be 64bit compatible. So, if PocketSword was submitted with the current Clucene library I do not know how they would take it. It seems to me that it may be skating on thin ice with them. If they saw the numerous 64bit warnings, I do not think it would be unreasonable for them to question why the app was submitted that way. I posted a list last month or so of all the 64 bit warnings  Xcode gave me including ones in the clucene files. A lot of the code creating the warnings was fixed as a result, but only I think in Sword files. I think

I think Apple does not have all the compiler warning details when you submit the app. They only have your compiled binary code and they run tests for which API you use.
Usually they reject apps that use private API. But that’s about it.
If the app crashes because of long to int conversion it’s not really their problem. The app will get bad feedback and that’s it.
I believe some newer version of Clucene is used in the latest SWORD? Not sure.
Core Spotlight is only available in iOS 9, so not really an option?

Manfred