[sword-devel] Announcing the release of pysword 0.2.3

Tomas Groth second at tgc.dk
Tue Nov 8 06:07:16 MST 2016

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the release of PySword 0.2.3! I hope it will be
useful for some of you.

PySword is a native Python reader of the SWORD Project Bible Modules. It is
not a wrapper around libsword, it is completely written in Python and works
with both Python 2 and 3.

0.2.3 is a bugfix release. Issues fixed:
 * Fix a issue with handling both str and unicode in python2.
 * Adding space on OSIS line break.
 * Fix py2 vs py3 issue when loading bible file list.

PySwords source code can be downloaded from PySwords gitlab page (
https://gitlab.com/tgc-dk/pysword), where you can also find the
documentation for how to use it. PySword is also available from PyPI (
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pysword) for install using pip or easy_install.

Best regards,
Tomas