[sword-devel] 1.8, French versifications, modules

Dominique Corbex dominique at corbex.org
Sat Mar 12 12:58:46 MST 2016

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:00:58 +0000
Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> This is just to say as no one has voiced any objections to domcox' s French versifications i will now actively use these if suitable modules are submitted.

Hi!

Please find attached the 3 versifications scheme for French Protestant Bibles, details are on the wiki:
canon_calvin.h	https://crosswire.org/wiki/Canon_calvin.h
canon_darbyfr.h	https://crosswire.org/wiki/Canon_darbyfr.h
canon_segond.h 	https://crosswire.org/wiki/Canon_segond.h

canon_calvin.h is for French Bibles from 1560 to our days based on the
'Textus Receptus' and employing the versification scheme introduced by
Robert 'Stephanus' Estienne in 1553. Although I've not yet found a
facsimile to validate this point, it may also fit the Geneva Bible as
it was the first English Bible to use verse numbers also based on the
work of Stephanus (Robert Estienne of Paris), source Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Bible

canon_darbyfr is for French Darby Bibles. German and English Darby V11n
differs slightly. Darby worked on the Pau-Vevey French translation in
Pau, Southern France but the work was done primarily for the numerous
Brethren in French-Switzerland. This v11n may also fit the Italian
Translation as a translation based on Darby's French work was completed
by Plymouth Brethren members, the Italian NT was first issued in 1890.
It is still in print (2008). Source Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darby_Bible

canon_segond.h is for revisions of the French Bible translated by L. Segond.
The Segond 1910 still is the most widely used by French Protestants.

In His name,
--
domcox <dominique at corbex.org>