[sword-devel] Help with CzeCEP update (av11n)

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Mar 10 06:57:15 MST 2016

On 03/10/2016 02:58 AM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On 2016-03-10, 04:52 GMT, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> A module created this way would not be accepted for new import.
> Sorry, which way? What’s wrong? Do you mean, because of using mod2imp?
> I will gladly use any better sources I will be pointed to, or contact
> the module maintainer, but I am afraid there is none and nobody.
It is absurdity of the first order that two facts are combined, first,
that there isn't locally-maintained access to a module source, and
second, that the loss of the remote source means that the module can
never be repaired or updated.  Essentially, "you don't have it now, and
you can't have it again.  Ever."

Matěj, if you wish, and can make your fix by whatever means, let me get
a copy and it will go into Xiphos repo within a day.

This kind of situation is exactly why I started my own repo in 2007 (now
known as the Xiphos repo)... because there are far too many situations
where forward progress becomes impossible, from simple catatonia of
module management lasting literally years, to policy catch-22, to desire
not to be hamstrung by procedure.