[sword-devel] Song of Solomon missing from ChiNCVt

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Wed Mar 9 16:04:48 MST 2016

On 2016-03-09, 20:10 GMT, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>> It's just one of the 146 still unresolved issues in the
>> MODULES tracker.
>>
>> Our unresponsiveness does not make us shine as a community, does it?
>
> Well, it would be also helpful if the tickets were closed when
> resolved (e.g.,
> http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-308). ;)

Well, I spent a bit of time browsing through our Jira and
I found some interesting tickets:

  * http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-290 ... this is
    completely unactionable ticket. Could we get update on the
    current status of these modules? There should be some tool
    to file tickets blocking this one for all individual modules
    which need an attention.

  * http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-289 ... "A new
    module version 2.0 has been made and has been tested in both
    Xiphos 3.2.2 and PocketSword 1.4.6 The module, together with
    updated USFM files and a valid OSIS XML file has been sent
    to Peter to be uploaded to our main repo." That's 2014-12-13
    ... what is the current status?

  * many many tickets like
    http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-293,
    http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-287 and many
    others  ...  if we had sources for our modules available in
    some VCS, volunteers could help fixing small issues like
    this (with possible approval before publishing, some of
    these are just rebuilds with current tools).  We don’t have
    publicly available sources, and we don’t have maintainers of
    individual modules, so the result is that nobody does
    anything (because few people who has access to modules are
    completely overwhelmed, I guess). Also, it should be
    deduplicated with another requests for rebuild of some
    modules (e.g.,
    http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-166,
    http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-264 and many
    others).

  * looking at http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MOD-248
    we should continue working on using automated processing of
    the available open sources (although with MHCC the sitaution
    is really silly … CCEL created with help of volunteers
    complete edition, only to hide the ThML sources behind the
    paywall, so now
    https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Matthew_Henry have to
    do whole work again; grrr). I have CzeBKR done from
    WikiSource sources, but I believe the process should
    continue whenever possible.

  * Also, it may be worthy of consideration, whether we
    shouldn't switch to one subcomponent
    (https://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/11/organize-jira-issues-subcomponents/)
    per module, so that we could for example collect all MHCC
    tickets in one place and somebody updating the module could
    see all tickets she should deal with.

Blessings,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Basically, the only “intuitive” interface is the nipple.  After
that, it's all learned.
    -- Bruce Ediger when discussing intuivity of Mac OS
       http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.next.advocacy\
       /msg/7fa8c580900353d0