[sword-devel] Song of Solomon missing from ChiNCVt

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:30:28 MST 2016

I just installed both modules ChiNCVt and ChiNCVs (in response to Martin's
email).

It's conceivable that the source text for one of these modules was derived
from the source text for the other.  cf. It is feasible to convert
Traditional Chinese to Simplified (and vice versa).

Observations:
1. Both are very early modules dated 2002-01-01
2. There is no DistributionLicense entry in the conf files, even though
these are copyrighted works.
    (c) 2002 The Worldwide Bible Society Ltd. All rights reserved.
3. The About key text is made up of escaped RTF tags for Chinese Unicode.
Front-ends such as Xiphos do not display these as Chinese ideograms. Worse
still, 73 of the 284 tags are improperly formed by having a hyphen/minus
after the \u. The line needs correcting and converting to proper UTF-8
characters. We could at least implement this, and update the module conf
files.
4. Song of Solomon is missing from ChiNCVt but not from ChiNCVs.
5. There are further 28 missing verses in both modules, as detected by the
utility emptyvss.

Ideally, if we still have any links with the publisher, both these modules
ought to be rebuilt from a fresh copy of the source text files.

Best regards,

David Haslam