[sword-devel] Bible submission process question

Russell Allen oebible at openenglishbible.org
Thu Mar 3 20:04:35 MST 2016

Hi,
It’s more a case of converging evolution - my code started being very customised for the OEB when there wasn’t a clear alternative and has become more general over time. The initial focus was PDF (via ConTeXt) and a now obsolete version of John Dyer’s study software but it was extensible so it has accumulated more backends over time. Because it was focused on the OEB it has some nice features for the OEB, but I wouldn’t claim that is a general solution especially for non-English languages.

Would you recommend Haiola for generating Sword modules over the Crosswire tools? Or does it use them as a backend?

I don’t think I need transforming to InScript because I use the version at https://github.com/digitalbiblesociety/browserbible-3 <https://github.com/digitalbiblesociety/browserbible-3> which comes with a USFM importer.

I’m a little hazy on the interrelation between the eBible.org <http://ebible.org/> repository and the modules available through http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ <http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/>  Are they separate/unrelated? Should the OEB be in both?

Thanks, Russell