[sword-devel] we need a release

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 25 04:00:50 MST 2016

Spending some time this weekend to apply some outstanding patches,
looking toward a 1.8 release.

One item on my list of todos, which I am dreading is looking into why
our autotools build doesn't work on the latest version of the autotools
packages.  Something about subdirs no longer supported.  I know we have
a well working cmake build system now too, but I'm not ready to give up
on the autotools build.

Is there anyone who has tried to build sword with these newer tools and
discovered the recommended path forward and has been successful finding
the solution for us?  If not, does this sound like fun to anyone? ;)

Troy

i should be on freenode #sword most of the weekend if anyone wants to chat.