[sword-devel] Mathew Henry Commentary Bug

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 06:01:16 MST 2016

Hi a friend of mine e-mailed me about a bug in the Mathew Henry Commentary
Apparently John 3 has issues.
Here is a screenshot he sent me
Screen Shot
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9utdxqgc2gd12g/Xiphos_Screenshot_2016-06-30_11-39-20.png?dl=0>
Here is his e-mail he sent to the sword bug list in February:
Hello, I have found a bug in the Matthew Henry Complete Commentary module.

I am using Xiphos 4.0.4 (gtk3 webkit1) on Sparky Linux ( Sparky is based
on Debian testing).

The MHC module in version 1.6.

The problem:

1. Make sure the MHC: Matthew Henry Complete commentary is selected
under Commentaries/English
2. In Xiphos, go to John 3:1 (I am using the KJV Bible, but the problem
shows up with any version Bible.)
3. Look in the commentary window, the MHC commentary ends at verse 16
like this: "16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not peri"

All of the rest of the commentary for verses 1 - 21 is missing.

If I go to verse 22, all of the MHC commentary is there.

Please ask if you have questions.

--
Regards