[sword-devel] IMP format for Daily Devotionals?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:44:33 MST 2016

Structurally it sounds very akin to the idea that has occasionally
been asked for, to allow commentaries in a gen-book layout. Within the
commentary you might have a nesting such as
New Testament
- Gospels
-- Luke
--- Birth of Christ
---- Magnificat
----- Luke 1:50

The commentary might include text at all of those levels that someone
scrolling directly to Luke 1:50 might be interested in. Currently
there is no way to display all of that text to the user, as
commentaries are - like Bibles - a flat array of verses.

By the same token, it might be nice to have a daily devotional that is
structured in a similar way. Then you could have
2016
- February
-- Lent
--- 02.10

as an entry for today, and all of the parents would be displayed together.

This would obviously require significantly different tooling, but
having a hierarchical arrangement of keys in all of our modules could
give this sort of flexibility when a module creator wanted it.

--Greg

P.S. The above example reminds me to wish everyone on the list a
blessed Ash Wednesday