[sword-devel] IMP format for Daily Devotionals?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Wed Feb 10 07:31:01 MST 2016

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 9:00 AM, Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org> wrote:
>
> On 02/10/2016 08:27 AM, David Haslam wrote:
>> Are month heading keys valid with the key $$$mm.00 ?
> A daily.dev is a dictionary module with odd keys.  You can encode $$$mm.00 if you wish, and if you display that daily.dev in an app's usual dictionary pane, you can surely navigate to mm.00.  But I'm completely sure that no Sword app has any sensitivity to looking for mm.00 in any automated use, such as Xiphos' startup display, or detection of daily.dev status on dictionary module open; in both cases, Xiphos simply keys today's date.

Regarding JSword:

I’m pretty sure that using a value other than 01-12 for mm will break. It takes that value and converts it to a localized month.

Having a value 00 will be treated the same as any other DD value. 99 will work, too. It show without 0 padding.

Like Karl said, you can only browse to it. There is no semantic meaning otherwise.